Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Corna: Rock On

When I set out to buy something that either has great variety or about which I know very little (or, often, both), I harness the power of both Internets -- known to some as Teh Interweb -- and The Google to do exhaustive research. I become outrageously informed, often boring The Madame with lengthy dinnertime discourse on the subject, and then pull the trigger. It's a cycle sort of like addiction, and when I'm in it, I crave information the way the hawk craves field mice.

I'm in that cycle now, trying to learn everything I can about bass guitars. Today's topic is pickups, and I'm doing my best to get to the bottom of what the substantive sonic differences are between active, passive, humbucker, and 2JB pickups. I think I have a pretty good idea.

But never fear: this post is not about that. This post is about this. I found it by accident, but it's amazing, and you should investigate it without delay. And yes, it's a link that's safe for work unless you work in Squaresville. If you work in Squaresville and The Man is your supervisor (and if The Man hates exuberant rock and roll), then save it until you get home. It's a good read. Just remember not to mess up The Devil's Horns. That would be lame.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you get a bass, yours and mine can then make sweet, sweet bass love.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home