Monday, May 23, 2005

The Great Pyramid of Lauderdale

While I was off kicking out the jams last night at the studio, Muffin called up the Ultra Lounge with a Business Proposition. It seems he met a Business Man when he was selling Toyotas at the Auto Show (instead of eating good food and smoking with us on my birthday) who let him in on a little concern. It seems that this man-about-town could help Muffin to make money without really doing any work. This was as far as Liz let him go before telling him we weren't interested, even though it was easy money and he was willing to tell us all about it.

So let's see what we have here. Some dude rolls up to Muffin and wants him to do business with him. Muffin accepts. Muffin calls people he knows to let them decide if they too would like to be involved in this business opprtunity. They agree (presumably) and then (presumably) tell people they know who tell people they know.... Hm. I think there's a term for this sort of thing out there... hang on... let me just check my... aha! Yes, here it is: Pyramid Scheme. This is a pyramid scheme and Muffin has bought into it hard core.

Who knows what's really going on? My point is that it's probably a con and that, in this state, it is definitely illegal. Not country-club illegal. No. It's toss-my-salad-or-I'll-cut-you-bitch illegal. Julio wants a word in the shower and he's not prepared to wait any longer. That kind of illegal. I'm not wishing the poor little baked-good ill; far from it. But if you're twenty-four years old and you can't tell when somebody is offering to involve you in shady dealings, then whatever happens happens.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And may I tell you, it is an uncomfortable call to take from a friend. Am I interested in getting phone calls from college buddies that remind me not so vaguely of telemarketers that waste my time and pronounce my name with multiple vowels or ask for "Mrs. LaFave?"
In short, the answer is no.
Or was that not so short?
I never have been into the whole brevity thing.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, this is a very sexy new blog. Not quite cra-zow, but then again....no one really wants that. And I've heard that the intersection of Electric Avenue and Baker Street gets pretty cra-zow from time to time.

Should I not talk of the Muffin in such a fashion? Were you planning to pass along your blogspot to him? And by the way, is that related to or near the illustrious gespot?

5:49 PM  
Blogger Buckwalter said...

It's okay; he's a big boy now... he can take what we have to say. And yes, I intend to include the URL of my new blog in the "we're moving" email that will go out in the middle of July sometime.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Besides the fact that I oppose your imminent departure on moral grounds, I also like your new, sexy blog. It's sleek and sexy, like a freshly groomed weasel. Much like yourself.

And, my main man, you still got it. Because the prison bit was hilarious. If only because I've been there.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home