Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Send the Bastards Home

I apologize for not being able to match this quote with a name, but you'll just have to trust me that one of our illustrious state-level politicians said this earlier today: "Most Minnesotans won't even notice when the government shuts down. It'll be Friday, July 1st, and most people will be on their way to the cabin." He then hastily added, "Not that we won't still work to get this done."

Come on, guys. This is ridiculous. Can we recall the entire Minnesota state legislature? Can we try? How a politician could justify not doing his job by pointing out that nobody will notice the consequences of his inaction? Whether he's actually right or not really doesn't matter at all. What matters is the gross negligence of this legislative session.

I'll be honest: it's this sort of thing that makes me glad I'm moving to another state. I don't know if Nevada's state government is in better shape or not, but since the one in Minnesota is entirely non-functioning at this point, then I daresay it couldn't be a whole lot worse.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In'shallah, my brutha. I agree, and you know I agree.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home