Friday, September 01, 2006

Now I know how an whore feels....

I spent two hours this morning -- pretty much until I couldn't stand it anymore -- on my knees sealing the grout on our palatial new kitchen and master bathroom floors. My knees are now shamefully bruised, and they actually hurt when I'm just standing around, but the water-bead-up test revealed to me that the kitchen, at least, needs another coat. Working on your knees is a cruel task indeed.

However, while I was waiting for the sealant to dry, I threw together my tenor and jammed solo-style. This is the first time I've been able to play in a place where I lived since high school, and it was pretty sweet. I spend some time practicing at the store between lessons, but you can't decently expect to work on altissimo in public; people will think you're a hack. Being able to practice at home is definitely something I'm looking forward to in terms of home ownership, and if this morning is any indication, I won't be disappointed.

By the way, that "w" word up there in the title of this post is meant to be pronounced "woor." And the article before is meant to be smashed together with it, sounding like "anwoor." Go ahead; say it out loud. It's funny. You won't be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home