Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Still, He Breathes

A brief word to let all my people out there in the dark know that I'm still alive and keeping it real in the Pacific Time Zone. Two things: finally finally finally, I got my new-to-me tenor sax back from the shop and had a chance to play it. Excellent. It is sufficiently vintagey to please my desire for that, and the action is phenomenal. I bought a new Otto Link Super Tone Master (7* for those of you playing the home game) to go with it, and the sound is awesome. Exactly what I was looking for. Pictures and a more in-depth discussion of the horn (and how I've realized that I'm just not a Selmer guy) will be posted presently. Stay tuned.

Also, yesterday I was all but offered a job teaching here. One of my co-teachers over at The Store was talking to me about my studies here at the university and he started really pressing me about what I wanted after I got my license. You know a guy is serious about bringing you into his world when he starts talking benefits and salary scales. I will pursue my soft-spoken Arkansan friend further and post that presently as well.

It's a busy time of year up in this piece; I'll be back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home