Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Buckwalter: Director of... Orchestras?

It may seem improbable, but that's my new job title. That's right: your saxophone-playing, never-been-in-an-orchestra, grooved-out correspondent is going to be an orchestra teacher. Who would make such a strange decision, you ask? It turns out these people would. And which orchestras are they? That would be these. (I've given myself the assignment of updating the website over the summer to reflect who the new sheriff in town actually is.) It's an exciting opportunity for me, and I'm really up for the challenge of teaching a bunch of students something I don't know much about.

And a quick note to any of you aspiring teachers out there: it took exactly nineteen days for me to get a job out here. Just something to think about.

I'm off to learn about composers of grade 4 and 5 high school strings music!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Isabella Rose said...

Congrats maestro! You've got a gift for music and leadership and high school orchestra seems as good as any place to start a brilliant career. Besides, beginning with high school band would bring back memories of a gentleman who was "so tired guys" and no one needs that. Speaking of which, does anyone still have that video?

I triple dog dare you to bring your bass and stand it next to your podium, and when a demonstration is called for, plug in and do it on the electric. It might just launch you into infamy with the kids.

7:50 PM  
Blogger The G's said...

Dude, 19 days? That's quick! Congrats!

Does any of that grade 4-5 literature contain poetry such as the famous 21st verse that begins: "Y'all know me, still the same ol' G, but I been low-key....?"

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home