Thursday, June 30, 2005

Tick... Tick... Boom Town

For those of you keeping track, have a look at the Census Bureau's new numbers on the fastest growing cities in the United States in 2004. Key to notice for the purposes of this correspondent: number three on the list (with 9.8% growth) was North Las Vegas, NV, followed by Henderson, NV in the number six spot. When your metro area has two of the top ten fastest growing zones in the country, you know it's on like donkey kong.

And while we're at it, a large, thick, HEAVY envelope arrived in today's post for Mme. Flamingo from our pals over at CCSD. If I was going to guess, I'd say it was probably her contract, but since I scrupulously abide by the law, I haven't opened it to find out. After all, opening somebody else's mail isn't just some bogus local, state-jurisdiction misdemeanor. No, my friend. That's a federal crime, and where there's federal crime, pound-me-in-the-ass prison time's not far behind. I'm reminded of the words of a namelss sage from my early days as a seventh grader at Roseville Area Middle School: "if you ever go to prison, don't drop the soap." Well said, whoever you are. Well said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home