Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Hammer is Down

Even though I don't leave for Las Vegas (or, as my new hip-hop posse will be named, cinSity) until Tuesday morning, the computer is about to get packed up. Only moments remain for me to write my last post from Minnesota. Moments indeed. Between me and a new life are 59.5 hours, 1,800 miles, and countless dollars of baksheesh to appease the greedy natives of Utah and Nebraska; the future is wide open.

I'll keep this short to avoid getting too maudlin, but I'm relying on all you Cold Weather Goons to keep the place in good order for me while I'm away. G-Money, The Kat, Marathon Man, and Muffin: the Sword is in the Stone. Don't lose faith in The Hunt; it will be dark for several days until we get our new high-speed connection over in the 702. But then... oh, but then... check back frequently for reports on the insanity (and poverty, moral or otherwise) that will no doubt envelope my life as soon as I am able to answer "Las Vegas" to anyone who asks me where I'm from.

Tally ho.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buckwalter, you will be missed, and while you are gone, our moral poverty will know no bounds.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God speed Buckwalter and Mme. Flamingo. Minnesota will be a different place without you in it. Calmer and more sane yes, but so much less interesting. Best of luck settling into the land of mile-long buffets and Western Gifts and Sundries. Safe trip. Muffin out.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home